Task 1 (General Training)July 28, 2020
Punch lines 2August 17, 2020
1. Exploit – Accomplishment , Adventure
- We must exploit every opportunity to learn new things.
- Many countries exploit oil under the sea.
2. Disparity- Discrepancy, inequality, variation
- We are still seeing a disparity between men’s and women’s salaries.
- The great disparity between the teams did not make for an entertaining game.
3. Nomadic- Migrant, migratory, roaming
- They are essentially a rural and nomadic people.
- The travellers say they should be allowed to lead a nomadic life.
4. Bemused- Distracted, abstracted
- She was bemused by all the questions.
- He was still bemused about the money.
5. Accelerate- Quicken, step-up, stimulate
- Our country should accelerate the economic growth.
- This car can accelerate from nought(zero) to sixty in ten seconds.
6. Unsubstantiated- Doubtful, debatable
- He claimed that the charges against him were unsubstantiated.
- His attack of the president was unsubstantiated.
7. Credible- reliable, trustworthy, honest
- He was unable to give a credible explanation for his behaviour.
- Her excuse was barely credible.
8. Consensus- Unity, accord, agreement
- The two parties have reached a consensus.
- There is a growing consensus of opinion on this issue.
9. Unenviable- Disagreeable, undesirable, nasty
- He has an unenviable record of ill- health.
- The residential staffs are presented with an unenviable task.
10. Plausible- Credible, probable, possible
- She could not find plausible explanation for its disappearance.
- Her story sounded perfectly plausible.