IELTS WRITING TASK-2March 13, 2021
Tips to help you while taking the test
- 1. FOCUS ON THE TASK: Think what the examiner is asking you. Respond precisely to the question or topic.
- 2. SPEAK CLEARLY: Sit up straight. Talk directly to the examiner. Do not be afraid to make eye contact.
- 3. SPEAK LOUDLY: Make sure you are heard but do not yell.
- 4. MAKE NOTES: Don’t waste preparation time writing out full sentences. Write just your key ideas.
- 5. SMILE: Smile at the examiner. This will put both of you at ease and make you both more comfortable.
- 6. DON’T REHEARSE: Don’t try to memorize answers in advance.
- 7. PAY ATTENTION TO VERB TENSES: You may need to talk about the past, present, and future on the same topic.
TIPS TO HELP YOU STUDY FOR THE SPEAKING TEST
- 1. TALK TO YOURSELF
- 2. MAKEUP STORIES
- 3. MAKE YOUR DAILY PLANS
- 4. THINK ABOUT YOUR JOB
- 5. EXPLAIN YOUR INTERESTS
- 6. READ BOOKS, WATCH MOVIES AND TV SHOWS, AND LISTEN TO THE RADIO
- 7. READ ABOUT THE NEWS
- 8. TALK TO EVERYONE YOU MEET
- 9. INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 10. MAKE NOTES
- 11. EXPLAIN YOUR OPINIONS
- 12. CONCENTRATE ON FLUENCY, ACCURACY